Church Planting School
Welcome to the Stone Mountain Baptist Association's Church Planting School. This school will give participants a strong foundation for starting a new church. It is more than just a workshop on how to plant a new church; it is a spiritual journey of growing in your faith in Jesus Christ. Each step in the process works together to help potential church planters achieve their goal of planting a healthy, multiplying church.
For details, contact our PlantAtlanta Lead Strategist Bobby Gilstrap at bobby@StoneMountainBaptistAssociation.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What will be covered?
The following subjects will be covered: (1) Prayer, (2) Vision, (3) Core Values, (4) Administration, (5) Enlisting and training a core team, (6) Ministry-Focus area, (7) Evangelism strategy, (8) Family Priorities, (9) Disciple-Making Principles, (10) Leadership, (11) Gathering, (12) Small Groups, (13) Stewardship, (14) Worship Strategy, (15) Designing Your Church Systems, (16) Getting ready to Launch, (17) Strategic Mileposts for Success.
How long is the school?
9-weeks | New Session begins January 28 (updates coming soon)
- Week #1: 3:00-8:00 PM - Live Training Session (including dinner) at Abundant Life Church, Lithonia
- Weeks #2, #3, #4: Monday nights. All class locations join in for live video/tele-conference training session class)[preparation will be by a 30-min. video session, assigned reading]
- Week #5: 3:00-8:00 PM - Live Training Session (including dinner) at Abundant Life Church, Lithonia
- Weeks #6, #7, #8: All class locations join in for live video/tele-conference training session class)[preparation will be by a 30-min. video session, assigned reading]
- Week #9: 3:00-8:00 PM - Live FINAL Training Session (including dinner) at Abundant Life Church, Lithonia
What will be needed for classes?
Each participant will receive a web link to an online, shared Dropbox where class materials will be stored for download. The Participant Dropbox will contain:
Textbook: Planting Missional Churches: Your Guide to Starting Churches that Multiply (2nd Edition) by Ed Stetzer and Daniel Im. Broadman & Holman (2016)
- Participant notebook to be printed by participant.
- Link to video preparation sessions – Most sessions will require watching a 30-minute video and filling in the blanks in the participant notebook. Fill-in-the-blank handouts are provided for each video/tele-conference.
- Any supplemental resource materials and/or bibliographies.
- Read great quotes from Planting Missional Churches HERE and HERE. Read endorsements from Christian leaders HERE.
- Save $10.00 if you order this book digitally before class starts. Enter the word DIGITAL at checkout.
Who should attend?
Team members will be helpful to the planter/pastor during most of the sessions. The LIVE sessions focus on interactive group activities that utilize the entire team. Team members can also attend the web/tele-conference sessions at no additional cost. A Lead Planter/Pastor may attend the school alone, but they are encouraged to bring a team, if possible.
- Lead Planter/Pastor
- 3-4 additional members from the planting team, core group or partner organization.
- NOTE #1: No childcare is provided
How much will it cost?
- Only $199 per Lead Planter/Pastor couple. The cost includes one textbook, all required materials and meals.
- $79 per team member, including one textbook, all materials and meals (Registration is transferrable).
- Scholarships: If needed, Lead Planter/Pastors should contact their partner association and see if any scholarships are available for the school. Some associations might provide partial, matching or full scholarships for attending. If a scholarship is provided, your association will give you a Discount Code to enter at registration checkout.
- PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW FINANCES TO PREVENT YOU FROM ATTENDING.
When is the registration deadline?
Contact our PlantAtlanta Lead Strategist at bobby@StoneMountainBaptistAssociation.org
The 3-week guarantee
If a Lead Planter/Pastor attends the first three consecutive meetings (1 live, 2 web/tele-conferences) and decides that church planting is not God’s direction for them, they can request a 75% refund and keep the textbook and all materials. This includes team members. No refunds after the third week.
What support will I have to apply what I learn?
Participants will find ongoing support by attending three monthly I-Group meetings following the school. The Implementation Group meetings begin approximately one month after the final session of the school. Each class group meets as an implementation group (or I-Group) for encouragement and accountability, coaching for best implementation of strategic plan, and continued group networking. The group is facilitated by one of the school’s presenter/coaches.
Register at www.StoneMountainBaptist.Eventbrite.com